The individual selected for this position will be part of a team responsible for manufacturing a broad range of LED products in high volumes within a lighting fixtures production environment. This supervisor will be responsible for the work duties and performance of a team of production operators.
Shift: Night Shift
• This will be a hands on role that will provide on the job training for operators and help them solve equipment and mechanical problems real time on the floor.
• Supervise work performance of up to 30 Production Operators. This includes maintaining accurate and up to date records of attendance, performance, training, corrective/disciplinary action, and salary administration. Monitor team and individual performance. Maximize productivity, equipment utilization and overall efficiency.
• Act as the 'go-to' person on shift. Have the answers for all personnel questions on the floor, or retrieve answers quickly for them.
• Interact very closely with the process and equipment engineering teams to ensure the operators and technicians follow proper protocol and ensure product quality.
• Schedule adequate personnel to support the objectives of the production plan. Solicit overtime and coordinate vacation schedules so as to not impact production.
• Maintain leadership presence by spending an overwhelming percentage of time on the shop floor.
• Help support and establish Visual Management, 5-s, Kanbans, and other Lean initiatives on the production floor.
• Establish and communicate production priorities. Execute production plans and internal goals. Track performance and adjust priorities accordingly.
• Initiate, encourage, and drive continuous improvement efforts.
• Develop cross-training plans for productivity objectives and personnel development.
• Provide staff with constructive and timely feedback. Enforce company and local policies and procedures.
• Lead and participate in training, disposition of material, and production as necessary.
• Maintain positive working relationships with all levels in the organization.
• Maintain a safe working environment for CREE employees.
• Conduct all performance reviews on time. Maintain a score of 100% on-time performance
• Bachelors Degree + 2 years experience as a hands on manufacturing supervisor providing technical and mechanical support for high volume manufacturing equipment OR 5+ years experience as a manufacturing supervisor providing technical and mechanical support for high volume manufacturing equipment
• Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Data oriented – excels at problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must have excellent computer skills – familiar with all Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent quantitative skills
• Ability to handle change quickly and efficiently – Fast paced work environment
• Experience in Lean Initiatives (Toyota Production System methodology). 5-s, Visual Management, Pull Systems, Kanbans, Poka-yoke, Kaizen events, etc.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering