General Statement of Duties: To provide necessary 1:1 supports to enable persons with developmental disabilities and behavioral issues to acquire and maintain community employment in business and industry as well as develop and maintain skills that will foster personal growth and integration into social settings, based on the concept of community inclusion.
• Provide 1:1 support to individual(s) in both his employment and integration in the community setting.
• Organize and participate in community activities, addressing objectives and guidelines and insuring that recreational/leisure time are spent on age appropriate, preferred activities while maintaining a skill development focus.
• Fulfill case management and advocate responsibilities for assigned individual(s).
• Implement behavior plan as required.
• Provide feedback to program manager or designee and other treatment team members regarding consumer progress or concerns in a timely manner.
• Participate in supervision, staff meetings, team meetings, ISP meetings, etc. as directed.
• Provide ongoing consumer training and supervision as required to ensure all needed skills are acquired to successfully maintain employment.
• Provide a positive role model for consumer in work and community skills (i.e. attendance, personal hygiene, appropriate dress attire, and social behavior).
• Perform all job duties in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
• Maintain complete and current records according to BAMSI, DMR and employer policies.
• Collect new data as assigned.
• Complete monthly progress notes.
• Provide appropriate assistance to ensure the safety of consumer in the community.
• Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
• Provide physical support to consumer having physical and emotional challenges such as lifting, transferring and/or restraining consumer(s) as needed.
• Perform duties consistent with agency/program policies and procedures.
• Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.