Supervised By: The Assistant Director, with clinical oversight provided by the Nurse Supervisor
General Statement of Duties: To provide medical coordination and support for individuals served within the home. Perform duties with a team approach; work in collaboration with Program Manager, staff, nurses and upper management.
Direct Care & Coordination of Medical Services:
1. Identify health related needs, monitor medical status and work with staff, physicians and allied health professionals to formulate, coordinate and implement medical treatment plans for all individuals served.
2. Administer medications and treatments as prescribed, ensuring adherence to funders regulations, CARF, and DPH regulations.
3. Plan and monitor meals, ensuring nutritional standards are followed, and meal preparation and feeding protocols are followed.
4. Provide direct care and support to individuals served as needed, including ADL care, transportation, and facilitating community outings.
5. Provide concise, accurate, and timely medical updates on individuals served to stakeholders including funders, guardians, and BAMSI team members.
6. Provide coverage at day habilitation programs or other residential programs as needed.
7. Ensure medications, medical and safety supplies are available as needed.
8. Coordinate hospital admissions and discharges using a collaborative approach.
9. Provide physical support, assistance with lifting and transferring individuals served who have physical challenges as needed.
10. Meet with the Program Manager on a weekly basis to discuss program operations and individuals served.
Staff Management & Development:
11. Assist with interviewing and hiring nurses within the program.
12. Identify and provide training to both staff and individuals served in relevant areas (e.g., health, hygiene, safety, diet, etc.).
13. Provide oversight of daily operations in absence of supervisor or designee, as requested.
14. Collaborate with the Program Manager to provide guidance for direct care staff and nursing staff, including implementing the progressive discipline process and recognition of staff achievements.
15. Supervise nursing staff to ensure completion of job responsibilities.
16. Provide 24 hour on-call, on a rotating basis, to ensure nursing coverage, provide medical support, and access to resources.
17. Maintain medication books, house log books, etc. to ensure program compliance with all regulations.
18. Ensure highest quality of safety standards and that infection control protocols are followed.
19. Complete written reports, assessments, etc. as required in a clear, concise and professional manner.
20. Perform other related duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.