SEPTA currently has openings for Communications Maintainer Specialists in our Railroad Division.
* Work primarily will involve installing, placing, splicing, terminating, and testing fiber optic and copper communications cables, both aerially and underground.
* Aerial work including climbing wood poles using climbing hooks, steel poles using skates, ladders, and scaffolding.
* Employee will be trained on SEPTA Confined Work Space Procedures and will be required to work in enclosed areas.
* Installs, maintains, diagnoses, repairs, and replaces telecommunications equipment. This includes voice, data, fiber optic, and public address systems.
* Installation of conduit, messenger system, equipment housings, grounding systems, and power cables.
* Make terminal connections, splice cable and wire, and fusion splice fiber optic cables.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Two (2) year program completion of technical training in electrical/electronic field highly preferable.
* A minimum of three years relevant employment experience within telephone/communications systems with a background in construction related projects railroad/transit experience a plus. Technical school training may be substitute for relevant experience.
* Valid driver's license with access to a car.
* Will require to obtain CDL driving license with air brake attachment. Applicant must, within thirty (30) days of employment, obtain a CDL learning permit. Applicant, after training, must pass test within 120 days of employment.
* Willingness to work various hours and shifts including weekends and holidays is required.
* Work will be mostly in an outdoor environment under various weather conditions.
* Must successfully pass and maintain qualifications on SEPTA's Operating Rules Training.
* Must complete training and maintain qualifications of the Roadway Worker Protection Manual.
Selected applicants must also pass a written qualifying test to be administered at a future date.
Starting salary for this position is $26.50/hour.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
If you wish to apply to this job, just click on the " Apply To This Job" link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity