SEPTA is seeking a Occupational Health Nurse to be located in our downtown, Philadelphia headquarters.
The successful candidate must have Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of clinical nursing experience with at least two (2) years with an Occupational Health and/or a Corporate Wellness setting which includes managing wellness, fitness, and health related programs.
Salary range between $60,000 to 75,000
Serving as a member of the Medical Department team, the Occupational Health Nurse will be responsible for planning and organizing the Authority's health and wellness programs for all employees and locations. Assists Medical Director with providing nursing assessments of employees returning from sick leave or injured on duty to ensure that they are fit for work.
1. Plans, organizes, manages and communicates authority-wide SEPTA's wellness programs.
2. Develops health promotion programs, events, activities and communications that improve the health and well-being of the Authority's employees.
3. Develops and analyzes metrics to assess the effectiveness of SEPTA's wellness programs. The analysis and trending of metrics will be utilized to evaluate overall success of the wellness programs and to provide data to adjust the program as needed. Recommends changes based upon the metrics.
4. Participates in wellness budget preparation, tracking, and expenditures specifically related to fitness for duty and wellness programs.
5. Supports the administration of other benefits and programs, seeking opportunities to link to wellness initiatives where ever possible.
6. Provides nursing case management in order to provide clinical oversight of employees enrolled in medical monitoring and fitness for duty programs.
7. Performs nursing assessments to insure that employees returning to work from sick leave and injury on duty are fit for work.
8. Coordinates with appropriate SEPTA personnel, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and healthcare providers (e.g., Independence Blue Cross) and other vendors to leverage resources to continuously improve wellness programs.
9. Provides support as needed for resolution of ADA, FMLA, Unemployment, Workers Compensation and FELA claims and any other medical matters
10. Handles confidential matters while maintaining privacy issues in accordance with HIPAA and other rules and regulations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) and five (5) years of clinical nursing experience with at least two (2) years within an Occupational Health and/or a Corporate Wellness setting which includes managing wellness, fitness, and health related programs.
• Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Extensive organizational skills and the ability to interact with all levels of SEPTA management, union representatives, private corporations, public entities, consultants, and other project managers required.
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN), Certified Wellness Specialist and/or Certified Wellness Program Manager preferred. Certifications in audiometry an spirometry preferred.
• Master's Degree in related field preferred.
• Experience working within a unionized environment preferred.
If you wish to apply for the Occupational Health Nurse Position, just click on the " Apply To This Job" link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.