The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), the sixth largest transportation company in the nation, has an opening for a CCT Dispatcher/Monitor Position in its Customized Community Transportation (CCT) Department.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental and prescription plans and an employee transportation pass good on all SEPTA vehicles, including the Regional Rail Commuter trains.
Salary range: $39K to $49K
Dispatchers will work with customers, drivers, SEPTA staff and contract transportation providers (carriers) to resolve immediate transportation problems such as service lateness. Under the direction of the Special Service Coordinator Supervisor, Dispatchers respond to customer service concerns using an ECD (Electronic Call Distribution) system, communicate with drivers in vehicles via radios or on-board computers, identify customers' trips in a computerized scheduling system, and resolve their service problems and document the process in the computer record.
1. Operate and use computer and manual reference files, procedures, and databases.
2. Using an Electronic Call Distribution (ECD) system, handle customer calls in a patient, reassuring and professional manner while communicating with drivers, carriers and SEPTA supervisors; handle customer problems with patience and sensitivity.
3. Resolve real-time service problems quickly, working efficiently and courteously with drivers and carriers to address service lateness, vehicle breakdowns and bad weather.
4. Respond to and work with supervisor to resolve real-time city/suburban ADA service concerns.
5. Use a scheduling software application in conjunction with Mobile Data Computers (MDC's), monitor driver activity from beginning to end of tour and provide assistance when necessary to maintain on-time performance.
6. Conduct two-way radio or MDC communications with drivers and support personnel, assuring that SEPTA policies and procedures, and professionalism and courtesy, prevail.
7. Monitor Inter-County, group and individual trips to ensure on-time service delivery.
8. Track and log service occurrences involving service and passenger incidents, failures, concerns, and defects. Document service information and input numeric codes in the scheduling software system when applicable by using the appropriate systems.
9. Perform daily manifest and system checks to ensure communication of accurate information between driver and dispatcher.
10. Prepare detailed accident/incident reports.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by SEPTA CCT Manager(s).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Three (3) years of customer service and/or related transportation experience required. Related experience in Para-transit or fixed route transportation, or two-way radio dispatching experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of advanced education and experience (one year of post-high school education equating to two year of experience) may be considered.
Experience in using personal computers and proficiency in computer data entry required.
Excellent communication and customer service skills; positive and cooperative attitude; flexible, adaptable, quick learner; functions well as a team member.
Documented experience dealing directly with customers to resolve their problems preferably in customer service or technical support, is required. Demonstrated proficiency in map reading; able to give clear, brief directions.
Excellent powers of concentration-ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within a distracting environment is essential.
Able to function well under stress and remain calm and collected during emergencies; enjoy working under pressure.
Reliable, responsible, professional outlook; punctual; good organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to maintain work productivity levels as established by the department, utilizing the required techniques and procedures.
Ability to work shifts, holidays and weekends as required.
Must possess an excellent attendance and performance records.
Knowledge of Route Match or equivalent transportation scheduling software preferred.
Knowledge of basic regulatory provisions governing provision of CCT's ADA and Shared-Ride service preferred.
Knowledge of SEPTA system and of the five (5) County ADA service areas preferred.
Ability to speak and understand a second language, preferably Russian, Spanish, or an Asian language preferred.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
If you wish to apply for this position, just click on the "Apply to This Job" link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity