SEPTA is currently seeking experienced technicians to service and repair mechanical and pneumatic systems on SEPTA's rail vehicles.
Starting salary is $25.91/hour with an increase to $28.78/hour after 1 year.
* Repairs, maintains, overhauls, and tests vehicle and support equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, repair manuals, etc. The use of hand power tools and precision measuring devices.
* Maintains, repairs, overhauls, test compressors, pumps, brake control units, piping/hardware and associated valves and components, air horns, and emergency air operated devices. Disconnects, removes, and replaces auxiliary support, carborne electrical equipment, i.e. QDC, door engines, etc.
* Inspects and tests brake, feed, limiting safety etc. valves, electric exhaust and equalizing portions, pressure switches, etc., conducts tests and performs routine maintenance on specifically designed test rack, works to close to tolerance of .001, conducts water and time tests.
* Inspects, repairs, replaces and adjusts doors, door operating units, couplers, and other mechanical/pneumatic equipment.
* Performs basic electrical duties, disconnects and re-connects traction motors, attaches grounding straps, third rail collection assembles, QDC, door engines, etc.
* Makes out repair work orders/production documents and other documentation as required.
* Makes all final documentation checks, tests, and adjustments on rail trucks and truck mounting components, back to back wheel readings, drive unit position, journal bearing position, current collection devices, trip cocks, air spring, ride assemblies, leveling valves, pressure tests and truck tramming. Makes non-destructive testing on truck frames and bolsters.
* Must set up and perform metal cutting with an ascetylene gas outfit.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent. One year technical training or equivalent.
* Valid driver's license.
* Must satisfactorily complete all preliminary written and performance tests.
* Must have at least 3 years experience repairing mechanical and pneumatic equipment. Experience working on rail cars preferred but not required.
* Must have basic electrical knowledge or multi-meters and meggers.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
If you wish to apply for this position, just click on the Apply to This Job link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity