SEPTA has an immediate opening for an experienced Track Maintainer.
This is not an entry level position and applicants must possess experience in track work.
The successful candidate must be proficient in the maintenance and repair, and renewal of all track work within SEPTA's Subway/Elevated and Light Rail Divisions including paved track, special work and third rail in accordance with SEPTA standards.
• Inspects an assigned area of track under traffic including bridges, trestles and highways, performing functions.
• Checks gage, surface and alignment of track, inspects overhead support poles, contact rails and paving conditions for compliance with SEPTA standards.
• Tightens and adjusts switches, wedges, frogs, third rail components, rail joints, derails ad other track related devices.
• Installs and maintains appropriate signage for slow zones, work zones, etc.
• Monitors the repair, renewal and construction of track, special work, and third rail, insuring compliance with SEPTA standards.
• Directs and monitors the operation of such equipment as the grinding car, geometry car, production tamper and sperry car.
• Directs and monitors the activities associated with the thermit welding and cadwelding processes.
• Performs emergency repairs when needed.
* Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
* Must have valid driver's license.
* Must have minimum of two years experience in track work
* A plus if 213.7 qualified for the Inspection, Maintenance and Construction of Track but not required. Track, Flag and Street Work Zone certified also desired .
Must satisfactorily complete written qualifications and performance tests as required.
The starting salary for 2nd Class Track Maintainer is 16.54/hour with progressive increases each year. Current top rate aftr 4 years is $27.56/hour.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer