SEPTA's Procurement & Supply Chain Management Department is seeking a Resource Controller who will be responsible for maintenance material availability and service contract requirements within assigned area through the planning, forecasting, analyzing, development and execution of material requirements to support Operations. Required to regularly interface with Operations' management (end-users) in diligently meeting the needs of the Authority.
The salary range for this position is 48K to 55K.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU NEED NOT RE-APPLY, IF YOU HAVE BEEN INTERVIEWED FOR THIS POSITION WITHIN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS.
1. Forecasts and establishes production schedules for the supply and delivery of material and equipment to support Operations.
2. Expedites material needed for locations and is responsible for establishing, monitoring, and adjusting minimum and maximum levels of materials stored.
3. Prepares daily and weekly critical material shortage reports.
4. Coordinates all purchasing requisition preparation, supplier bid evaluations, material requirements and the preparation of component bills of material within assigned area.
5. Responsible for the expeditious procuring of all stock and non-stock micro-procurements (up to $25,000 in value) in a manner to encourage fair and open competition and in strict compliance with the Authority's Procurement Manual.
6. Utilize ASI, Control D, BizTrak and EPS software technologies for procurement and management reporting technologies.
7. Acts in an advisory capacity to assist other departments in formulating specifications to assure compliance with procedures, advising as to possible changes to effect cost reductions.
8. Interfaces with suppliers, evaluates bids and provides follow-up to ensure proper form and correct delivery date.
9. Issues reports on cost controls and projected material usage.
10. Assist Supply Chain Management personnel in identifying obsolete inventory for removal and asset recovery.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School education plus ten (10) years of Procurement, Resource/Production Control, Supply Chain/Storeroom Operations Experience, Cost Control and/or related transportation management experience required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (one (1) year of post-high school education equating to two (2) years of experience).
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills required.
• Experience working with outside suppliers in addressing problems and providing reliable and rational solutions required.
• Proven ability to utilize computer software and mainframe capabilities required.