The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the nations's sixth largest transportation system. SEPTA has an immediate opening for an Accounting Clerk in our Accounting Department located in our center city, Philadelphia headquarters. The Accounting Clerk performs a multitude of tasks which includes receiving data from various sources, compiling, posting and reconciling data to various journals, ledgers, statements, and reports.
The starting salary is $20.51 an hour.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
Free employee transportation pass good on all SEPTA vehicles.
1. Receives source documents (fuel receipts, printout online computer reports, etc.) from various Authority departments. Verifies for completeness and accuracy as necessary. Prepares and logs information to journal entry format.
2. Inputs data, i.e. journal entries, to the General Accounting System. Retrieves and updates data on personal computer. Responds to error messages, researches discrepancies, and corrects as necessary.
3. Posts items, such as sales and use taxes to worksheets and prepares monthly request for payment.
4. Reconciles all source data with input data on reports.
5. Compiles various monthly and quarterly reports for fuel, etc.
6. Performs miscellaneous clerical functions, which include filing, xeroxing, binding, and distributing and packing files.
7. Researches data on microfiche, CD-ROM, and microfilm within the General Accounting Department.
8. Prepares materials to be microfilmed and maintains listing of all items readied.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Backfills for other Accounting Clerk.
Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
Must possess bookkeeping, math, and typing
Must successfully pass data entry, math, and basic Word and Excel tests.
Good communication skills.