SEPTA is seeking a Benefits Budget Analyst, working in our Human Resources Division, Employee Services Department. The position will be located in our Center City headquarters.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Budgets, Audit, Finance, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in benefits administration, including budgeting, auditing and finance.
The salary range is between 60K-75K.
Responsible for developing the Authority's fringe benefits budget (medical, dental, prescription, and vision plans) and maintaining associated variance reports as required.
1. Develops the Authority's Fringe Benefit budget (medical, dental, prescription, and vision plans). Works closely with Budget Department to create a budget that fits the needs of the Authority.
2. Audits all programs within benefits, resulting in both administrative and monetary savings to the Authority.
3. Manages audit process to determine if we are paying for eligible employees and their dependents. Eliminates all other individuals who are no longer eligible.
4. Ensures that SEPTA obtains the correct refunds, or does not pay more than they should under benefit plans.
5. Ensures contract compliance with all outside vendors.
6. Initiates and provides recommendations to the Manager/Senior Director for RFP specifications. Serves as a panelist to score bids related to potential providers' proposals.
7. Coordinates changes in benefits co-pays associated with bargaining unit revisions and conversions associated with switching carriers.
8. Performs in an advocacy role in resolving employee claims against benefit providers.
9. Reviews and recommends payment of monthly payments (several million dollars per month) for medical fringe benefits of the entire Authority.
10. Implements and administers on an ongoing basis, the Authority's “Flex Pass Program”, with its various features (Opt-Out, FSA Medical and FSA Dependent Care).
11. Assists, by providing the Labor Relations Department with Employee Benefit Cost vs. Coverage Analysis, for the Authority's Labor negotiations with all unions.
12. Performs other projects/duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Budgets, Audit, Finance or related field plus five (5) years progressively responsible benefits administration work experience including budgeting, auditing, finance required.
• Experience with budgeting/accounting required.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent customer relations skills.
• Must be familiar with new technology-based computer programs, including advanced Excel capability.