We are seeking an experienced Recruiter to work in our busy Center City headquarters. Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field with at least three (3) years Human Resources experience which includes experience working as an H.R. Recruiter.
Responsible for providing qualified candidates in a timely manner to effectively meet customers' hiring requirements, and ensure high customer satisfaction through the process. Assists in developing and implementing staffing strategies.
1. Identifies, interviews and recommends best qualified diverse and available candidates for assigned Division/Department while working within the framework of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. Conducts interviews, evaluates employment factors such as job experience, education, training, skills knowledge and abilities.
2. Develops effective working relationships and establishes consultative partnerships with internal management, employment agencies, technical schools, universities and professional organizations to creatively develop and maintain recruitment sources, to facilitate the recruitment process and to maximize retention. Provides consultation to hiring managers on the staffing process, interviewing techniques and salary negotiations.
3. Assists in the implementation of sourcing and staffing strategies. Plans and conducts innovative employment advertising campaigns, job fairs, etc. Sourcing strategies will include Internet, employee referral and print advertising.
4. Administers bargaining unit provisions in placement, transfers, and postings for union personnel.
5. Ensures that hiring process is conducted in accordance with Authority policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal laws.
6. May administer and arrange testing of candidates.
7. Ensures data and program integrity. Participates in all Staffing programs as required. Responsible for updating reports, i.e., Human Resources Tracking Report, as required.
8. Prepares employment packages, for SAM positions and monitor approval process.
9. Prepares information for the processing for new hires, promotions and transfers.
10. Keeps current on development and trends in employment, especially in the areas assigned responsibility.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field with at least three (3) years Human Resources experience which includes recruitment. This includes experience implementing recruiting strategies based upon hiring requirements, working in a high-volume customer-focused environment while ensuring EEO/AA staffing compliance.
- An equivalent combination of Human Resources/Recruitment experience and education (i.e., two years of related experience, equating to one (1) year of formal post-high school education) may be considered in lieu of the above requirements.
- Experience working in a recruitment team-oriented environment required. This includes sharing candidates, mentoring peers, providing backup, taking on additional duties, etc.
- Proven experience handling large workload with ability to handle multiple assignments with limited timeframes required; must have the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Word required. Experience using MS Excel and MS Access preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws including EEO/AA, and ADA is required.
- Recruitment experience for unionized workforce preferred.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems and search techniques preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required. Ability to establish rapport and work with others at every level of the organization required.