SEPTA serves Philadelphia, the surrounding counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery as well as many parts of Delaware and New Jersey. One of Delaware Valley's largest employers, SEPTA is proud of its workforce numbering nearly 9,000. Our dedicated employees work diligently as a team to provide consistent, reliable and safe transportation service to over 300 million passengers annually.
SEPTA operates over 80 million vehicle miles of service a years on routes totaling 2,750.
The Supervisor, Customer Service Technology (CST) will be a social media and technology addict that designs and manages SEPTA's programs to monitor and address customer issues or questions found in all traditional and social contact channels. The Supervisor shall directly supervise a staff of Customer Service Social Specialists and audit their conversations for
appropriate replies and emerging trends. The Supervisor will also be responsible for application and maintenance of the new Customer Relations Management database as well as coordinate its introduction and utilization across the Authority. Working closely with other staff in Customer Service, Public Affairs, IT, Legal and Operations. The Supervisor of CST will help guide the Customer Service Department into a new era where the collection and analysis of data will enable SEPTA to meet and exceed customer expectations for “real time” service and
1. Supervises the daily activities of the Customer Service staff assigned to social media monitoring.
2. Manages other staff responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting.
3. Trains and coaches Customer Service staff on proper techniques for social engagement and principles of SEPTA's customer-focused culture.
4. Monitors and evaluates staff performance to ensure accuracy, quality of work and achievement of departmental/divisional goals.
5. Assists internal clients in the timely satisfaction of their goals that involve traditional and social customer service; keeps internal clients informed of trends or statements that impact their duties.
6. Uses monitoring tools to quickly and efficiently capture and report emerging trends or posts having attributes of “going viral” and reporting them to senior management.
7. Promptly alerts appropriate Operations, Safety or Security staff of social conversations that suggest imminent danger to SEPTA customers or employees.
8. Prepares responses to customers, stakeholders or staff regarding SEPTA's Social Media program.
9. Insures that social conversations are limited in scope and are consistent with most recent information available from official sources and consistent with statements made by other SEPTA departments on the same or similar issue.
10. Manages the operational aspects of the CRM database, and provides analytical and technical assistance to internal clients.
11. Performs technical assistance to IT staff in the design and deployment of the CRM and other customer facing technologies.
12. Produces Monthly Reports using customer intelligence across all channels, including the tracking of established customer service performance metrics and customized research.
13. Maintains employee files for performance and attendance.
14. Participates or leads eternal facing events to promote SEPTA's Customer Service technology initiatives.
15. Prepares communications for department, division and Executive staff, as directed.
16. Manages the Social Customer Service database, its metrics and any links with the standard CRM.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Media Communications, advertising, Marketing or Technology. Alternatively, a degree in a business field with demonstrated social media coursework, and a minimum of three (3) years of customer service, IT technology development, marketing, advertising or internet sales experience required. Managerial experience and/or advanced degree preferred.
• An equivalent combination of experience and education (i.e., two (2) years of related experience, equating to one (1) year of formal post high school education) may be considered in lieu of the above requirements.
• Proven customer service skills and an ability to interact with a diverse workforce required.
• Prior experience in a union environment preferred.
• Strong oral, written and listening communication skills and creativity required.
• Proficiency in the use of computers, software, mobile devices and applications required.
• A complete understanding of the social universe and having a proficiency in the use of all dominant social channels; such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and others required.
• Accomplished Blogging skills and capable of navigating Wikis and Forums required.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
If you wish to apply for this position, just click on the
"Apply to This Job" link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity