SEPTA is currently recruiting for Underground Maintainer Trainee to repair underground cable and other devices in our Power Department.
* Will be trained to install and repair underground cable and devices.
* Will be trained to make routine tests of D.C. feeders and special work bonds; to connect and check safety cable during conduit removal renewal; to assist in phasing out A.C. cables, etc.
* Will be trained to perform rigging and scaffold work; to manufacture brackets, temporary jumpers, and hangers; perform minor blacksmith work.
* Performs various bricklaying, including construction or brick piers and walls of manholes in a finished manner.
* Determines repairs needed; requests necessary materials, makes written report of tests performed.
* High School diploma or GED
* Technical training in relevant area a plus.
* Experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of power cables; rail bonding and related accessories desirable.
* Must have valid driver's license or equivalent.
* Must be able to work various shifts.
Starting salary is $14.88/hour with increase to $17.36/hour after 1 year.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
If you wish to apply for this position, just click on the Apply to This Job link at the top and bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity