SEPTA is recruiting for a number of Administrative Assistant positions, working in various Operations and Administrative departments. Most locations are in our Center City headquarters at 1234 Market Street, while some will be located at transportation or maintenance facilities throughout the SEPTA service area.
We are seeking self-starters who can work independently in a busy environment and handle the challenge of multiple projects, providing administrative support that contributes to the smooth operation of a mass transit facility or administrative department.
We are looking to create a pool of ready candidates, who can be considered for future AAI and AAII vacancies as they arise.
Typical job duties are:
1. Responsible for all departmental administrative functions that including handling confidential matters.
2. Coordinates collection and preparation of reports, such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures and statistical records or performance data.
3. Handles all telephone calls, mail, correspondence, files, financial records, meeting schedules, travel arrangements, and payroll. Maintain inventory for office supplies and computer software.
4. Traces resolution of Customer Service complaints.
5. Ensures that SEPTA and Department/Division policies are distributed to, explained to, and implemented by the appropriate Department/Division Managers.
6. Responsible for timely preparation and receipt of Department/Division monthly management report.
7. Assists in preparation and monitoring of department's budget and compiling reports.
We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of five to eight years progressively responsible experience in administrative/secretarial positions. Please note that an equivalent combination of education and experience (one year of post high school education equating to two years of relevant experience) may be considered in lieu of the above listed requirements. For example, an applicant with an Associates Degree would need only one year of relevant work experience to meet the minimum qualification.
- Ability to pass a typing test at 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to pass Microsoft Word test at an advanced level and an Excel test at either basic or intermediate level, depending on AA grade level.
- Additional training in computer science field preferred.
- Familiarity with using a payroll system and a personnel status change system is also preferred.
We offer starting salary in the $40 - $55K range, depending on job grade, education and experience. We have a competitive benefits package and offer a transportation pass good on all SEPTA vehicles.
Please be advised that this advertisement is primarily for anticipated vacancies. As always with SEPTA, current employees have the first chance to fill any vacancies, so it is impossible to know how many Administrative Assistant positions will actually become available in the coming months.
If this job opportunity appeals to you, please continue and apply for this job.