Opening Date: 6/12/14 Closing Date: 6/26/14
Transport Workers Union - City Transit Division
Starting rate of pay: $26.68/Hour After 1 year: $29.65/hour
Division/Department: Vehicle Equipment Maintenance (VEM)/ Courtland Shop
NOTICE: The finalist selected for this position will be subject to a updated criminal background check in accordance with SEPTA Policy # E20 which states, " All incumbent employees not having a criminal background check within the last year are subject to an updated investigation for the purpose of determining their suitability for employment, in the event they seek promotion or transfer."
* TO BE PROFICIENT IN PENNSYLVANIA STATE INSPECTION; INSPECTION ADJUSTMENT, DIAGNOSIS, REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT OF PARTS AND UNITS OF AUTOMOTIVE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS, EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS, SELF-LUBRICATING SYSTEMS, AIR AND HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEMS.
* REPAIRS DIESEL ENGINES, GAS ENGINES, CLUTCHES, REAR DIFFERENTIAL SYSTEMS, ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND SUPERVISOR'S CARS UNDER THE GENERAL SUPERVISION OF THE SUPERVISOR. DIAGNOSES ALL MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PNEUMATIC AND HYDRAULIC TROUBLES.
* DETERMINES EXTENT OF REPAIR NEEDED, PERFORMS STATE INSPECTIONS.
* HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT
* MUST SATISFACTORILY COMPLETE QUALIFICATIONS TESTS AND PERFORMANCE TESTS AS REQUIRED.
* MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE AS AN AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC, WITH EXPERIENCE REPAIRING ENGINES, TRANSMISSIONS, CLUTCHES, ETC.
MUST ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE ON HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS, EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS, SELF-LUBRICATING SYSTEMS, AIR AND HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEMS.
* MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE. WILL BE REQUIRED TO
OBTAIN CDL Class A LICENSE with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
* Must have a current Class 7 state inspection license and valid emissions license.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
You must have passed designated qualifications tests designated by the Authority. To schedule for testing, you must call the Testing Center (x7244)before the posting closing date. If you pass the required test, Application for Transfer (Form#4224)must be submitted on same day to SEPTA's Recruiting Department, 1234 Market Street, 6th floor. Please contact Dan Dandrea (x7307 )of the Recruitment Department if you have any questions.