ValvTechnologies is the global leader in the design and manufacturing of severe service, zero leakage valves. Whether those challenges are daily process problems that need to be met one valve at a time, or system-wide concerns demanding excellence in valve solutions, ValvTechnologies is committed to providing the best solutions to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and reliability and improved process and performance.
With nearly thirty years of business growth, the company has maintained a culture of innovation by continuously expanding its design, production and technology capabilities. ValvTechnologies provides an unsurpassed level of reliability to customers in the power, mining, hydrocarbon, pulp and paper, oil & gas, and various specialty industries.
The Position: QC Inspector
This position’s overall purpose is to insure that parts are correctly machined, made of the correct materials, with the necessary part numbers and traceability numbers are inspected with correctly calibrated inspection equipment, to the appropriately identified prints. Currently, we have an opening for 1st and 2nd shifts.
· Inspect parts to specification of prints.
· Maintain accurate records of inspections.
· Ensure inspection equipment is within calibration.
· Maintain records of calibration of inspection equipment
· Inspects raw materials and machined components to engineering drawings
· Verifies compliance of material test reports to specifications
· Ensure safe practices are being maintained
· May perform any other work-related functions as deemed necessary and appropriate by immediate supervisor, as directed.
Education and Experience
· An Associate Degree with an emphasis in machining and/or relevant work with 5 years experience
· Minimum of five years QA inspection experience of raw material, production in progress and finished goods.
· Understanding of valves and valve inspection
· Working knowledge of dimensional inspection techniques and instruments
· Experience with 3D mechanical measuring tools particularly FARO Arm (highly preferred) or CMM’s.
· Experience working in a medium to large Machine Shop environment.
· Experience with nonconforming material control techniques including the identification of the nonconformity and verification that the disposition has been successfully accomplished
· Experience with equipment calibration
· Experience with First Article Inspections
· Experience with the review and approval of Certified Material Test Reports with respect to internal and national material specifications/standards
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to interpret mechanical drawings of components and assemblies
· Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) required
· Ability to read and interpret standards and specifications such as API, ASTM, ASME, ANSI, NACE, etc.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite specifically MS Excel, and experience with ERP/MRP systems.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding.
· Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills.
· Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
· Exhibits great awareness and has a proven track record of safe work practices.
· Works well meeting multiple deadlines with the ability to deliver on time.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
We offer a competitive salary package and comprehensive benefits.
ValvTechnologies Inc. is proud to be an E-Verify & EEO employer M/F/D/V
ValvTechnologies se enorgullece de ser un empleador "E-Verify" & EEO,M/F/V/D